From: David Bremner <david@tethera.net>
To: "Jorge P. de Morais Neto" <jorge+list@disroot.org>,
	notmuch@notmuchmail.org
Subject: Re: Programmatically set "From", Ispell dictionary and signature based on recipient
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 16:54:47 -0400

"Jorge P. de Morais Neto" <jorge+list@disroot.org> writes:

> Hi.  I use Notmuch 0.31.2 on Emacs 27.1.50.  When I compose mail to a
> mailing list, I would like Emacs to automatically set:
> 1. "From" header to ~"Jorge P. de Morais Neto" <jorge+list@disroot.org>~
> 2. Ispell dictionary to "en_US"
> 3. ~message-signature-file~ to "~/.signature--english" (and it should
>    actually insert the corresponding file as signature)
>
> Is there an easy way to do it, or do I have write Elisp and put it in
> some Message mode hook?

An easy-ish solution would be to use message-templ (available in debian
as elpa-message-templ). I say "easy-ish" because it's a bit obscure; if
you're not using Debian you'll have to install it from source.

       https://salsa.debian.org/emacsen-team/message-templ

I think there are other solutions derived from Gnu's, but I'll let
someone with personal experience speak to those.