On Mon 2022-04-11 10:44:47 +0200, Michael J Gruber wrote: > Just so that others don't have to be wondering, too: notmuch does not embed > gmime sources and does not reuse them. (It would be very wrong to do so.) > notmuch has a file `_check_gmime_cert.c` which is used for configure checks > and which David cleverly amended to check for the return format of > signature checks (when compiled against the libgmime3). Yep, this is what i meant. > If I read 2/2 correctly, though, then T355-smime does not adjust its > expected textual outcome to the results of the check, but rather marks the > test "known broken" if the signature check does not return the "new" > format. In other words: Unless you have a very new unpatched gmime, > T355-sime does not "really" do this subtest any more - it is happy as soon > as it fails for any reason. Exactly right. Thanks for taking the time to explain it all in clearer English than my rushed shorthand, Michael. --dkg