* debs of xapian upstream
@ 2010-01-25 18:13 Jameson Rollins
From: Jameson Rollins @ 2010-01-25 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Notmuch Mail list

Hey, folks.  I'm being killed by the slowness of {,un}tagging in notmuch
on Debian, which, as I understand it, comes from a xapian bug that has
been fixed upstream (all of which has been discussed quite a bit on this
list).  A request for an upload of a new xapian verion that fixes the
bug has been made [0], but no new upload has happened yet.

I was wondering if anyone on this list has managed to make a working
debian package out of any xapian version that fixes this bug.  Upstream
included a debian dir, and I have been trying to build from that but
have had no success (my attempts are also outlined in [0]).  If anyone
out there has managed to build a deb of xapian-core I would *really*
appreciate some pointers as to how you got it working.  In fact, if any
one actually has an x86 deb I would gladly just take that as well.

jamie.