On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:33:54 -0800, Scott Robinson wrote: > I took an earlier suggestion and didn't use cJSON, instead writing custom code > for emitting the new format. Nice! I have a few comments below. > Added an "--output=(json|text|)" command-line option to both > notmuch-search and notmuch-show. I don't know why, but I think I'd prefer --format for the name here. > In the case of notmuch-show, "--output=json" also implies > "--entire-thread" as the thread structure is implicit in the emitted > document tree. It looks like the new documentation is missing that point, (and the man page in notmuch.1 is missing an update as well). > As a coincidence to the implementation, multipart message ID numbers are > now incremented with each part printed. This changes the previous > semantics, which were unclear and not necessary related to the actual > ordering of the message parts. That's just fine. The old numbering semantics were quite bizarre and nothing I wanted to set it stone. -Carl