* cnotmuch 0.1.1 release
@ 2010-03-22 11:58 Sebastian Spaeth
From: Sebastian Spaeth @ 2010-03-22 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Notmuch development list

Hey all, given that there is at least one user of cnotmuch out there
now, I just put it up on the python package repository:
     http://pypi.python.org/pypi/cnotmuch

This means you can do "easy_install cnotmuch" on your linux box and it
will get installed into:

/usr/local/lib/python2.x/dist-packages/

For uninstalling, you'll need to remove the "cnotmuch-0.1-py2.x.egg"
directory and delete one entry in the "easy-install.pth" file in that
directory.

It needs to have a libnotmuch.so or libnotmuch.so.1 available in some
library folder or will raise an exception when loading.
"OSError: libnotmuch.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Have fun, and file issues at the issue tracker at
http://bitbucket.org/spaetz/cnotmuch/issues/

Sebastian

* cnotmuch 0.2.1 release (API complete)
@ 2010-03-25 13:52 ` Sebastian Spaeth
From: Sebastian Spaeth @ 2010-03-25 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Notmuch development list

FYI: The python bindings for notmuch.so are now API complete and I
released them as version 0.2.1.

See:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/cnotmuch for an overview and downloads.
http://bitbucket.org/spaetz/cnotmuch/ the source code repo/history
http://packages.python.org/cnotmuch/ the API documentation

> This means you can do "easy_install cnotmuch" on your linux box and it
> will get installed into:
>
> /usr/local/lib/python2.x/dist-packages/
>
> For uninstalling, you'll need to remove the "cnotmuch-0.2.1-py2.x.egg"
> file/directory and delete one entry in the "easy-install.pth" file in that
> same directory.
>
> It needs to have a libnotmuch.so or libnotmuch.so.1 available in some
> library folder or will raise an exception when loading.
> "OSError: libnotmuch.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Have fun,

Sebastian

* Re: cnotmuch 0.1.1 release
@ 2010-04-03 21:42 ` Cédric Cabessa
From: Cédric Cabessa @ 2010-04-03 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: notmuch

spaetz wrote:

> It needs to have a libnotmuch.so or libnotmuch.so.1 available in some
> library folder or will raise an exception when loading.
> "OSError: libnotmuch.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory"

libnotmuch.so is in my personal folder, I'd like to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH for
that.
The problem is that find_library does not read this variable, but hopefully
CDLL does.

I suggest to not use find_library. If the library do not exist, we just have
to catch the exception.
The other advantage is that CDLL allow us to choose a library version
(find_library will always take the latest).

Here is a patch
http://n3.nabble.com/file/n695408/ld_library_path.patch
ld_library_path.patch

--
Cédric

* Re: cnotmuch 0.1.1 release
@ 2010-04-05  0:59   ` Sebastian Spaeth
From: Sebastian Spaeth @ 2010-04-05  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Cédric Cabessa, notmuch

On 2010-04-03, Cédric Cabessa wrote:
> libnotmuch.so is in my personal folder, I'd like to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH for
> that.
> The problem is that find_library does not read this variable, but hopefully
> CDLL does.
>
> I suggest to not use find_library. If the library do not exist, we just have
> to catch the exception.
> The other advantage is that CDLL allow us to choose a library version
> (find_library will always take the latest).

Sounds reasonable enough. When I coded this, there was no official
library version yet, so searching for the latest sounded useful
enough. Now that we have an official shared lib, I'm just going to apply
your patch.

Thanks, hope it is useful
Sebastian