Package: python3-notmuch Version: 0.18-3 Severity: minor If a message starts with the "From " postmark (i.e., it's in the mbox format), and you ask the get_header() method for a non-existent header, it raises NullPointerError, instead of returning empty string. Now, I realize that support for indexing mbox files has been dropped, but users might still have them on disk, indexed by an old version of notmuch. This is how I discovered this bug. I've attached my crafted mail archive (which I indexed with wheezy's notmuch), and the script that I used for testing: $ python3 test.py OK NullPointerError() -- System Information: Debian Release: jessie/sid APT prefers unstable APT policy: (990, 'unstable'), (500, 'stable') Architecture: amd64 (x86_64) Kernel: Linux 3.14-1-amd64 (SMP w/1 CPU core) Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968) Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash Versions of packages python3-notmuch depends on: ii libnotmuch3 0.18-3+b1 -- Jakub Wilk