Hi Teemu-- On Wed 2020-12-30 12:46:02 +0200, Teemu Likonen wrote: > I don't know any automatic way to remove headers from an email message > that is stored as a MIME part. The straightforward way seems to be to parse/interpret the message with our knowledge of rfc5322, identify the headers to be removed, and then re-render the message. iirc, it worked for me until i started using emacs 27.1, too ☹ Obviously, if "Content-Type" or other structural headers are removed, you'll break the message. But the answer there is "don't do that", i think. > What about forwarding a message as MIME part which is just "text/plain" > (and not "message/rfc822")? This might be useful for some people, but doesn't really satisfy my goals. When i want to forward a message, i want to forward the whole message -- multipart, with attachments, etc. My goal when forwarding is to *not* mangle the message, but rather to supply it to the new recipient in a parseable way. I just don't think that most recipients need to have access to (for example) the headers that are added by all the mail transport agents along my receipt path. I want them filtered for privacy, which i think isn't unreasonable. (i recognize that if the use case is debugging the MTA path itself, i probably *don't* want those headers stripped, but that's a different use case than the most common message forwarding) so i'm still stuck with this regression, sadly. --dkg