I'm trying to look at an encrypted+signed PGP/MIME message in emacs. it's in a thread with other signed messages. but none of the contents of the message show up, and *Messages* buffer says: notmuch-show--register-cids: Wrong type argument: char-or-string-p, nil If i position the cursor in the notmuch show buffer where the message would be, and try to reply to it, i end up composing a reply to the previous message in the thread. My elisp is too weak to know how to debug this well. suggestions welcome! I should note that interacting with the message via the command line shows no apparent problems. not sure whether this is useful, but the structure of the message looks like this: ~~~ 0 dkg@alice:~$ notmuch show --decrypt=false --format=raw id:$messageid | email-print-mime-structure --use-gpg-agent └┬╴multipart/encrypted 27703 bytes ├─╴application/pgp-encrypted 11 bytes └─╴application/octet-stream inline [encrypted.asc] 23828 bytes ↧ (decrypts to) └┬╴multipart/mixed 26085 bytes ├─╴text/plain 1028 bytes └┬╴message/rfc822 attachment [attachment.eml] 24707 bytes └─╴text/plain 24510 bytes 0 dkg@alice:~$ ~~~ The "attachment.eml" subtree, fwiw, is a forwarded message that i already have a copy of in my local message store, and is part of the same thread. Maybe that has something to do with it? I'm grasping at straws here. Any help would be appreciated, it'd be nice to be able to easily read and reply to this message! --dkg