On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 00:24:41 -0700, Bart Massey wrote: > > On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 15:05:07 -0700, Bart Massey wrote: > > > I've posted notmuch-haskell, Haskell FFI bindings for libnotmuch, on > > > Hackage (http://hackage.haskell.org). They're quite preliminary, have > > > no documentation, and probably are a bit buggy. However, they should > > > let you get started working with notmuch from Haskell code. > > > > > > > I've written haskell bindings for notmuch using c2hs sometime ago but > > didn't post them on Hackage. These bindings are well documented as far > > as I can tell. > > Cool! Why don't you look over what I've put up and what you have, and > see if you can get a "best of both worlds" version. I have no > particular attachment to what I did---though I learned a lot---other > than that I needed a decent set of Haskell bindings. My bindings are a > bit above the literal c2hs level in some places, so maybe that work is > useful to you? > I've read it a bit and it definitely looks useful. I have plans to convert my version of hs-notmuch from c2hs to hsc which is easier to maintain and less likely to break when switching ghc versions. > > I've also started writing a notmuch email reader in Haskell, called > > Qoropa. It can't do much right now, you can only view search results > > with it. > > Good start! > > > Due to lack of time, I couldn't work on these projects in the previous > > months, but I'm willing to start coding again. > > > > My knowledge of Haskell is primitive, which you can understand if you > > read the code but if you want to cooperate anyway, I'd really be more > > than happy to give you push access to these repositories. > > > > http://github.com/alip/hs-notmuch > > http://github.com/alip/qoropa > > I honestly won't have time to look at stuff for a few weeks, so whatever > you can figure out is great. I'm happy to cooperate in any way that > seems useful to you, time permitting. That's great news! Let's see what the next weeks bring. :) > Thanks much for the note and the work! Feel free to forward this > message to the list. Added notmuch@notmuchmail.org to Cc. > Bart Mass > bart@cs.pdx.edu > -- Regards, Ali Polatel