On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 08:16:03 +0000, David Edmondson wrote: > There was no problem with the logic. The code in the two functions was > almost identical, so I'd like to make any future changes in just one > place. > > You didn't actually answer my question - is the logic in the new > function correct? Honestly I didn't look too closely yet since I'm not convinced we need the change at all. I would prefer to keep the functions separate. In my opinion, enough special casing would be required that it wouldn't be worth it, and it would make the code less clear. > I'll merge the first patch into the later (and presumably get accused of > submitting patches which include multiple distinct changes :-)). But if you're removing all the code anyway, it's not a distinct change. It's still just a replacement. jamie.