On Mon, May 14 2012, Pavel Panchekha wrote: > I was wondering if there were any plans to add a "mark" feature. By > hitting some keybinding, one could mark some set of mails and then apply > operations to them as a batch. This would be often useful for me for, for > example, tagging all mails matching a search except some. If there were a > way to mark ranges, this would also make the syntax of date searches less > painful. Hi, Pavel. It wouldn't be hard to put together something like you're suggesting with the current functionality: * add a key binding to add the tag "mark" to a message. In emacs: (define-key notmuch-search-mode-map "q" (lambda () "mark thread." (interactive) (notmuch-search-tag "+marked"))) * add a key binding that runs "notmuch tag $TAG_CHANGES -- tag:mark": (define-key notmuch-search-mode-map "Q" (lambda () "apply operation to marked threads." (interactive) (notmuch-tag "tag:marked" nil))) That last function should prompt for tags to apply to the marked threads. Note: those functions are NOT TESTED, and require 0.13 (which is not released yet). hth. jamie.