On Wed 2019-05-22 08:52:55 -0300, David Bremner wrote: > Daniel Kahn Gillmor writes: > >> Tests appear to be hanging when run under GNU timeout on debian >> stretch. To aid in diagnosing this or similar problems, it's handy to >> be able to disable timeout from the command line at will. >> > > 1) Do we still need / want this? Yes, i think it's useful if you want rule out coreutils when debugging the test suite. > 2) care to reword the commit message? Sure, keeping the same subject line, i'd change the body to: To aid in diagnosing test suite tooling that interacts poorly with coreutils' timeout, it's handy to be able to bypass it entirely. This isn't a high priority for me, but it's not a scary change either. thanks for the review, --dkg