Michael J Gruber writes: > Dan Čermák venit, vidit, dixit 2021-05-20 16:30:40: >> Michael J Gruber writes: >> >> > >> > So, I ran the container using buildah on Fedora 33 (without the make >> > corpus_download). Again, I'm not a container guy, so I don't know what >> > the influence of the host is. But: >> > >> > What ist the shell in that container? >> >> It should be bash in the final container, but it could be that buildah >> is not using bash to run the actual build. >> >> >> > I don't see T356 failing, but: >> >> I'll be dammed. That test was failing yesterday in the container build >> and today it is succeeding. >> >> Unfortunately, it is still failing in the Open Build Service :-( > > With each fresh look it's getting more mysterious ... In > > https://build.opensuse.org/public/build/home:dancermak:branches:devel:libraries:c_c++/openSUSE_Factory/x86_64/notmuch/_log > > I see that tests are run with gnu parallel and not sequentially. The only > FAILs are the sig_uid ones in T356. > > So, apparantly, the local buildah run does something different from OBS. Yes it does. But I have tried to run the build without gnu parallel in the buildroot and even then T356-protected-headers fail. Unfortunately there are some differences between running the build in the build service and with buildah. First, the packages that buildah uses are from the released Tumbleweed snapshot, those in the Build Service are the current development ones. And the build service builds everything in a isolated VM, while buildah is a container builder. It shouldn't make a difference, but often enough it results in subtle changes. Cheers, Dan