Hallo! On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 09:50:46 -0800, Carl Worth wrote: > On Wed, 26 May 2010 17:01:34 +0300, Ali Polatel wrote: > > notmuch-deliver is a maildir delivery tool for notmuch mail indexer. It > > reads from standard input, delivers the mail to the specified maildir > > and adds it to the notmuch database. This is meant as a convenient > > alternative to running notmuch new after mail delivery. > > Thanks for sharing this, Ali. > > What's the best way to advertise this to potential users? I recently put a description and link onto the notmuch web pages. > Should we include a separate utils directory in the notmuch repository > with auxiliary programs like this? I wouldn't do so. But that is not a very strong opinion of mine. In general, I like it if I see a repository containing one specific tool, and that one cleanly interfaces through specified interfaces with another tool. These two things are no longer as cleanly visible once notmuch-deliver was part of the notmuch repository. > Or should we implement this functionality within the notmuch binary > itself? That's another option, of course. (And a separate discussion.) > I'm open to suggestions. > > If nothing else, the notmuchmail.org web page should grow a section to > point to auxiliary programs like this that users might find helpful. I'm working on that (and other parts of the web pages) as I go on with exploring the ``notmuch world''. I'll also take the liberty to put stuff from the mailing list or IRC discussions into web pages, for we have to document this notmuch beast ;-), and it's better to have a generic place to refer people to, instead of discussing the same things more than once. If someone disagrees with any of this, I'm open to discuss these items. Grüße, Thomas