On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:04:39 -0700, Carl Worth wrote: > I assume by "better" you mean that this one is less fragile to issues > like the precise formatting of our notmuch.h header file. Yes, that's what I meant. > Meanwhile, though, our API *is* declared in the header file, (that's > what the header file exists for), so I do prefer to base our symbol list > on it. Sure, that makes sense to me. I cherry-picked the sed patch to the release branch. > In fact, the ideal would probably be to take the objdump method and use > it in the test suite to verify that its output matches the contents of > notmuch.sym generated from the header file. The second patch being turned into a test sounds like a great idea. I can do that. d