On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 19:54:17 +0200, Thomas Schwinge wrote: > Hmm, don't know. Of course, c f also doesn't stash From:"Some One > ", but just Some One . On the > other hand, the id:"[Message ID]" format has the advantage that it's > directly usable as a notmuch search term. I'm ambivalent. I agree that it's sort of nice to be able to paste the result directly on the command line, but I think it's really not that big of a deal to just type "id:" before pasting on the command line. I think that the argument of consistency and the confusion it causes in non-notmuch contexts makes it a stronger argument to remove the search term prefix. My patch follows. If anyone has any really vehement objection please raise them, but ultimately I think this makes things cleaner and less likely to cause problems in the long run. jamie.