Felipe Contreras writes: >> My hypothetical laziness is not the reason. It was at the strong >> insistence of Carl that things are organized this way. > > I still don't see why we need to do that. The notmuch project > shouldn't be bound to the debian project. I'm not sure what your specific question is here. My strong insistence was that the Debian packaging stuff, (like debian/rules), be hosted in the main notmuch repository. If that were separated to a separate repository (or a separate branch), then nothing in the current situation would change. Your proposed change, (which is to debian/rules if I read it correctly), would instead be directed at that separate repository/branch. And either way, David's currently the person to decide what lands there. Is there anything I'm missing here? -Carl