On Tue 2017-06-13 20:31:19 -0300, David Bremner wrote: > Xu Wang writes: > >> I bump this. Actually more simple than that, how to search for thread >> in which I have participated and Jian has participated? Excluding >> threads in which Dave participated is perhaps more complicated. > > I don't know of an efficient way to do this. You could write a script > something like > > notmuch search --output=threads from:Xu > A > notmuch search --output=threads from:Jian > B > comm -12 A B > > I think the output is sorted, but you might also have to sort A and B that said, it'd be really nice to have something like this in notmuch core. One of my long-standing wishes is to be able to say "show me mails in my inbox from people who have replied to messages i've sent them". This could be re-framed as "show me threads in which i've participated, where there are some messages flagged with 'inbox'". but generating a huge list of all threads in which i've participated, just to be able to do an intersection operation with a (much smaller) list of all threads that have a message with the inbox flag seems like a pretty gross inefficiency. --dkg