Messages with two or more tags that make then excluded from searches can make them difficult to find in Notmuch Emacs interface. Let's say we have config: [search] exclude_tags=spam;deleted; *notmuch-hello* buffer has "All tags" section which lists how many messages there are for every tag. However, if a message has two different excluding tags (like "spam" and "deleted") then that message is not shown anywhere in the "All tags" list. The message count does not show it and the message does not show in the search when user clicks the tag. My opinion: 1. "notmuch count" command should have --exclude option like "notmuch search" and Emacs interface should use --exclude=false in "All tags" section. 2. When clicking a tag in "All tags" section the search operation should use --exclude=false because in these searches user (most likely) wants all messages by a tag regardless of other excluding tags. -- /// OpenPGP key: 4E1055DC84E9DFF613D78557719D69D324539450 // https://keys.openpgp.org/search?q=tlikonen@iki.fi / https://keybase.io/tlikonen https://github.com/tlikonen