On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:35:16 -0800, Jameson Rollins wrote: > On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:40:25 -0500, micah anderson wrote: > > Due to my harddisk in my laptop being slow (5400RPM), my notmuch > > database growing, and perhaps some fragmentation somewhere, this has > > become *incredibly* annoying for me. I am checking email every 30 > > minutes, and I'm nicing and ionicing the processes so I can use my > > machine, but while those processes are running, I'm effectively locked > > out of a good portion of my email. > > I also have a very slow disk, but this is very rarely a problem for me. > I retrieve mail every 10 minutes, and the corresponding notmuch new > usually takes a minute or so. I really haven't found it to be much of a > bother to just wait it out. Sometimes I can have several thousand messages to add/remove from the database. I know this is probably unusal, but for me its not due to system emails. I suppose if I checked my email more frequently, I'd have less to process on each run, but thats more side-stepping the concurrency issue. micah