On Wed, Feb 27 2013, David Bremner wrote: > But right now we force people to enable the agent globally via use-agent > if they want to decrypt mail in notmuch-cli/emacs. The proposed change > allows them to use the agent only for notmuch. Doesn't the proposed change actually *force* the user to use gpg-agent? How can the user opt out? > I don't think we should directly care about the presence of an X session > or not; the agent protocol doesn't depend on how the agent was started > afaik. Maybe, but I would like some example of what happens if you force usage of an agent and the agent is not present or there is no X session. All I'm saying is that I would like to see how this patch interacts with these situations. jamie.