On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 12:12:09 -0400, David Bremner wrote: > On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 00:21:15 -0500, Jameson Graef Rollins wrote: > > Hey, folks. I was wondering if there was an update on getting support > > for mail deleting and moving/renaming into notmuch. I wanted to try to > > push on it a little bit since I believe that support for deleting/moving > > messages is the most important outstanding issue at the moment. > > As far as I know Carl is working away on this. Yes. I've got a series of about 20 commits reworking the internals a bit, and then one patch past that that I still need to break down into several clean commits. I think I've got things working now to cleanly detect file deletion. And the only bug that I *know* is still there is a performance bug, (it's somehow spending time doing something silly with known messages when it should just march along and only do real work with new and deleted files). Anyway, I hope to have something to actually publish early next week. Please forgive me for not sharing more as I go along here. The patches change the storage within the database, so one could be left in a very unpleasant state if using patches that don't match the database storage that we'll be using in the end. -Carl