On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:54:10 -0700, Mark Anderson wrote: > On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:11:42 -0600, Thomas Jost wrote: > > This is a time_t value, similar to the message date (TIMESTAMP). It is first set > > when the message is added to the database, and is then updated every time a tag > > is added or removed. It can thus be used for doing incremental dumps of the > > database or for synchronizing it between several computers. > > > > This value can be read freely (with notmuch_message_get_mtime()) but for now it > > can't be set to an arbitrary value: it can only be set to "now" when updated. > > There's no specific reason for this except that I don't really see a real use > > case for setting it to an arbitrary value. > > I think it would be easier to write some testcases if the last modified > time could be touched directly. Perhaps they aren't in the set of "must > have", but it's what comes to mind. Well since I posted this, I found other good reasons to have a set_mtime function. I'll post an updated series lated which will include it -- and possibly some tests too :) Thanks, -- Thomas/Schnouki