David Bremner writes: > I am indeed using the default. I think you forgot the screen > shot. indeed. Attached to this email. >> I can still get rid of indentation if you confirm you don't >> want it. > > I think so, although to be honest I never tried imenu before > testing your patches, perhaps we should wait for other opinions. I advise you to install counsel at least for that (I don't use it for anything else). >> You also say the information on the header line is not very >> helpful. Do you have any other suggestion? I'm open to trying >> several different alternatives and see what people prefer. > > I guess I don't really understand how the matching is supposed > to work. If the user has to type from the beginning of the index > string, then I guess putting either the date or the subject > first might be helpful. That depends on the frontend. For example, with counsel-imenu, I can type "attach" to filter by emails in the thread with the attachment tag. > It's probably true that there is no one good order for all > threads. Some threads change subject often, others author, and > one I'm looking at right now has 25 messages with two authors > and one subject. -- Damien Cassou http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill