On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:01:27 +0100, Manuel Hermenegildo wrote: > (seems like a variable is not defined well in the makefile). Taking > the last "libtalloc.dylib.2" out it seems to compile Maybe I hit that myself as well. Shame on me for now reporting it upstream to the talloc folks if I did. > and so does notmuch, which seems to run fine. Great news. I'm glad you got that working. > Now to trying it within emacs. Here the snag is that notmuch.el uses > apply-partially, which I think is an emacs 23 addtition. *sigh* Shouldn't partial application be a pretty fundamental thing in a functional language? How is it possible that this is new in emacs 23? Anyway, current notmuch is only using apply-partially in one tiny place, (for formatting the help screen). And even that's just to try to generate a nicer-looking help screen than one gets with `describe-mode'. So options here include at least: 1. Rewriting the code to not use apply-partially 2. Punting and just using describe-mode on old emacs. > Thanks for the pointer to the list and for your efforts. Notmuch looks > very interesting. And thank you for your interest. I hope you'll find a way to get it working soon. And please feel free to share whatever you do come up with. -Carl