On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:41:17 -0700, Carl Worth wrote: > Some people will claim (and I've even agreed) that the space bar is too > magic. But this bug also happens with an explicit command to archive the > current thread (such as hitting 'a'). > > I think the fix is to change these commands to only archive the messages > that are currently open. That will make these operations behave as I > expect, and I don't think will cause any unexpected or confusing > behavior. But please let me know if you disagree. I actually *really* don't like that the space bar does this. In fact, I build my own notmuch-show-advance function in a notmuch-hacks.el that I load to expressly get around this. The only tag manipulation I want done automatically is removal of "unread" when I visit a message. Other than that, I want to do all tag manipulation manually. So I would be thrilled is this "feature" was removed entirely, which would of course get rid of this bug as well. > [*] My tag:to-me is set by a script doing "notmuch tag +to-me > to:cworth@cworth.org or to:carl.d.worth@intel.com ...". I'd prefer this > to be a saved-search of course---that's one of the patches I haven't had > a chance to review yet. I've asked this in the past, but isn't this exactly what notmuch "folders" are? Is there a reason you don't just define this search as a folder? jamie.