Hey, Daniel. I actually just ran into a little bug with this patch. After applying this patch, if I try to scroll/search through my mini-buffer history after a search I get the following error: previous-history-element: Wrong type argument: symbolp, "tag:signed" I get this error no matter what my search terms were. Unfortunately I've always found these error messages confusing, so I'm not quite sure where it's coming from. I clearly has something to do with how searches are now stored in the mini-buffer history (symbol instead of string?). jamie.