David Bremner writes: > It would be a big help if you could share a message that causes the > problem. I've just managed to make an example that triggers the problem but that isn't 14MB (the size of the original msg). I'm attaching the message below. It contains, as an attachment, a 20KB .tgz file. If it doesn't trigger the problem for you, I could also more closely reproduce the procedure that triggers it by sending a message to the list with that tgz file as an attachment. But I am reluctant to do that in the first instance, in case that approach does trigger the problem for everyone reading the list emails using emacs! ( For my own reference in finding the message again: notmuch search id:87d2d0uvoc.fsf@approx.mit.edu ) -Sanjoy