david wen riccardi-zhu writes: > > Is what I'm seeing potentially a misconfiguration, or bug in > company-mode? > > The last customizations I made to my init was editing my > text-mode-hook (where I did specify some company-backends) and > then just some minor counsel and ripgrep related changes. I > haven't touched my notmuch-related config in some time. However I > don't have my init under version control, and it is a mess, so > perhaps I'm missing something. : ( FWIW, fish is also not a recent > development. The obvious thing to try is try-emacs-mua script from the source (attached) This will let you use company without any of your personal configuration. Run as e.g. "sh ./try-emacs-mua -q"