Hi Notmuch folks-- In the course of trying to figure out the dh_missing warnings, I've been looking into what we ship in debian in the elpa-notmuch package. Dubious files ------------- elpa-notmuch currently ships a few files in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/notmuch-*/ that i'm not convinced we actually want to ship in the distributed package. Those are: rstdoc.el make-deps.el dir Do we need any of the above in the elpa-notmuch package? info files ---------- The package also ships a bunch of *.info files in that elpa module-specific directory, rather than shipping them in the typical /usr/share/info/ location. These info files appear to be translations of the manpages or other basic notmuch documentation. Is there a reason to ship them in the elpa-specific directory? notmuch-pkg.el -------------- I note that notmuch-pkg.el is installed in elpa-notmuch, but it is *not* in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp when installed via the standard "make install". i don't know enough about how that installation is supposed to work, but if it's supposed to drop in a notmuch-pkg.el, then something needs fixing in the baseline "make install". Regards, --dkg (note: i've also i've filed #946142 against dh_elpa because it seems to be one of the dh_missing culprits, by not recording what it ships in a way that dh-missing can see it)