On Tue, Mar 22 2022, Kyle Meyer wrote: > I may be missing something (I didn't know about notmuch-lore before > seeing it mentioned here), but it looks like the initialization step of > notmuch-lore's pre-new handles that already. You just need to set > `since` far enough back: Hmm... I did see the "since" parameter and cranked it back. It didn't seem to do what I wanted, but it's possible the bug is only with multi-epoch archives, (I was trying to bring in LKML). From poking at it, it looked like it did perform a "deepening" operation using the "since" parameter after the initial clone, but then didn't use anything older than the most-recent upstream commit for the range of commits from which to get messages out. But my examination of the code and behavior was very cursory, I admit. > Also, just to list some other options in this space, l2md and impibe are > mentioned at as tools for > converting public-inbox archives into maildir format. (I haven't used > either myself.) Thanks! I clearly didn't look quite hard enough. I appreciate the pointers. -Carl