On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 19:50:36 -0400, David Bremner wrote: > I think the problem is related to emacsclient. > > With 'm' I have the following behaviour: > > emacs -q --daemon > M-x notmuch (to load variable definitions) > M-x customize-variable notmuch-mua-compose-in > (select compose in new window, save for current session) > M-x notmuch > m ;; new window is opened as it should be > C-c C-c ;; frame is closed. Hey, David. What exactly is the problem here? These seems like it's actually reasonable behavior when you're using emacs in daemon mode, yes? I don't actually use notmuch with emacs daemon/client, so I'm not sure what behavior is expected. If this is an emacsclient issue, should that prevent the patch from going through? jamie.