* unused/total message counts in hello screen?
@ 2018-09-21 14:36 Jeff Templon
From: Jeff Templon @ 2018-09-21 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi

My first post here.  It seems i can do what the subject line asks but I
am not quite there in terms of seeing it (not an elisp guy).

to be specific, in the notmuch-hello screen if I click "show all" for
tags, part of what I see is

	   4 lists/it-dep
	   2 lists/it-dep-di
	 272 lists/it-dep-full
	 107 lists/it-dep-gd
	 189 lists/it-dep-gt
	   1 lists/it-dept
	   2 lists/it-dept-ext

what I am looking for, ideally, would be

           4 lists/it-dep
           2 lists/it-dep-di
      14/272 lists/it-dep-full
       7/107 lists/it-dep-gd
      33/189 lists/it-dep-gt
           1 lists/it-dept
           2 lists/it-dept-ext

where the first number (before the slash) is the number of unread
messages under that tag.  An alternative would be if I could toggle the
entire page to show just the unread tags (so any tags for which all
messages were read would just not show up).  Maybe even preferable, that
last one.

Thanks :-)

JT

* Re: unused/total message counts in hello screen?
@ 2018-09-28 12:53 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2018-09-28 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Templon, notmuch

Jeff Templon <templon@nikhef.nl> writes:

> Hi
>
> My first post here.  It seems i can do what the subject line asks but I
> am not quite there in terms of seeing it (not an elisp guy).

[snip]
> where the first number (before the slash) is the number of unread
> messages under that tag.  An alternative would be if I could toggle the
> entire page to show just the unread tags (so any tags for which all
> messages were read would just not show up).  Maybe even preferable, that
> last one.

The only easy-ish idea I had would be to let-bind notmuch-saved searches
in some wrapper function to toggle between different count
queries.

* Re: unused/total message counts in hello screen?
@ 2018-10-01  0:27 ` William Casarin
From: William Casarin @ 2018-10-01  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Templon; +Cc: notmuch

Jeff Templon <templon@nikhef.nl> writes:

> An alternative would be if I could toggle the entire page to show just
> the unread tags (so any tags for which all messages were read would
> just not show up). Maybe even preferable, that last one.

This can be done setting "notmuch-hello-tag-list-make-query" to "tag:unread"

I have mine set to "tag:inbox" so that I only see tag counts on the home
screen that haven't been archived yet.

Cheers,
Will

* Re: unused/total message counts in hello screen?
@ 2018-10-01 10:05   ` Jeff Templon
From: Jeff Templon @ 2018-10-01 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Casarin; +Cc: notmuch

William Casarin <jb55@jb55.com> writes:

> Jeff Templon <templon@nikhef.nl> writes:
>
>> An alternative would be if I could toggle the entire page to show just
>> the unread tags (so any tags for which all messages were read would
>> just not show up). Maybe even preferable, that last one.
>
> This can be done setting "notmuch-hello-tag-list-make-query" to "tag:unread"

Thanks, this works well!

JT