On Wed, Sep 18 2013, Gregor Zattler wrote: > This seems strange to me. I would say the unread tag should be > removed when leaving the message with the last press on space > bar, indicating that one really paged trough the whole message > instead of only seeing the very beginning of it. > > What’s the rationale to this behaviour? Am I missing something? oftentimes, i start reading my mails from a search on the unread tag and just quickly enter a message with RET and leave it again pressing q. with the above suggestion the message would stay marked as unread, although i saw it. extra commands like S-SPC and S-a, to bury the buffer after skimming through the last message in the open thread would remedy the situation then, though.