* 2020-08-05 09:45:23+01, David Edmondson wrote: > I've no idea if this is the appropriate approach to addressing this, but > the resulting behaviour is obviously an improvement over what happens > now. I think there are two options: 1. Add a string like "From: " in the beginning of notmuch-show header paragraph so that the paragraph always starts with left-to-right characters (those latin letters "From"). 2. Add invisible characters that force left-to-right text for the paragraph. Character U+200E LEFT-TO-RIGHT MARK is meant for controlling exactly that. My patch implements the option 2 and... > It would make sense to add some commentary to the code as well as the > commit message explaining the reason for inserting the seemingly > arbitrary character. ...it has at least comment ; U+200E LEFT-TO-RIGHT MARK in the code. I think that explains the purpose quite well. More verbose explanation could be something like this: ;; Add invisible U+200E LEFT-TO-RIGHT MARK character to force the ;; header paragraph as left-to-right text even if some header's ;; content is right-to-left. -- /// Teemu Likonen - .-.. http://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/ // OpenPGP: 4E1055DC84E9DFF613D78557719D69D324539450