On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:37:21 +0100, Christophe-Marie Duquesne wrote: > With notmuch, some commands can bring a lot of results, and can take > some time to return. That is why when I began to write a curse > interface to notmuch, I added a mechanism to spawn these commands in > background and gather the results asynchronously. Alternatively, you could use the python bindings to libnotmuch and call the functions directly. You could do that in a unthreaded or threaded fashion... Somewhat obsolete but mostly correct documentation of the included python API is here: http://packages.python.org/cnotmuch/ (I really need to update that). Sebastian