On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:17:30 -0500, David Bremner wrote: > What do people think about this change? Personally I will have change > some scripts to not add "tag:", but it isn't that big of a deal. I would actually prefer to see the prefixes removed from the messages and threads output rather than see it added to the tags output. I think that's the way to make the output most consistent. When I ask for --output=messages I'm asking for the message ids of the messages, not for search terms for the messages. I think it should be up to the consumer to add the prefix if they would like to construct search terms based on the output. My 2 cents. I would be happy to provide a patch to make that change if people agree to that behavior. jamie.