On Sun, Jan 12 2014, Nicolás Reynolds wrote: > Jameson Graef Rollins writes: > >> Hi, folks. I've been worried for a while about the fact that my notmuch >> mua (notmuch-emacs) does not automatically encrypt replies to encrypted >> messages. Recently my fears came true when I accidentally sent in the >> clear a reply to an encrypted message that include a full quote of the >> original encrypted text. This is obviously not ok, to the extent that I >> would like to now consider this a UI bug in notmuch-emacs. > > i solved this by using jl-encrypt.el that asks me if i want to encrypt > an email if the identities i'm writing to are on my keyring :) This is certainly a reasonable approach, and is in fact what is outlined in the "Default Encrypt" link I provided. However, I still feel it would be good to automatically encrypt replies to encrypted messages by default, without needing to prompt the user. jamie.