Hello, I’m using emacs notmuch together with Gnus and I noticed that M-x compose-mail stopped working properly for me since. I identified notmuch as culprit: (requre ’notmuch) sets the user-customizable variable mail-user-agent. I believe that such behavior is not expected of emacs modules. A patch [1] has been proposed to fix this in 2014, but never accepted. Is there a reason why the problematic behavior has been kept? Thanks, Christoph [1] http://notmuch.198994.n3.nabble.com/PATCH-emacs-do-not-change-users-mail-agent-configuration-td4032745.html