Hello, On 2021-09-24 20:33, David Bremner writes: > That will teach me not to ask people to check M-x notmuch-version! I did at the time, and it reported "0.33.1". So I investigated a bit. If I search for the `notmuch-version' function, I find it in ~/.emacs-configs/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/notmuch/emacs/notmuch-lib.el as expected But then, if I look up the variable `notmuch-emacs-version', it is picked up from /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-version.el so this is why the discrepancy was not reported. The surprising thing is that there is not file ~/.emacs-configs/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/notmuch/emacs/notmuch-version.el, just a file ~/.emacs-configs/doom-emacs/.local/straight/repos/notmuch/emacs/notmuch-version.el.tmpl so this is probably why the global file is chosen. I have no idea why this is happening… It could be a doom or straight bug… If you think so as well, I will report it. Best, Alan