* Some messages show only headers.
@ 2010-04-25  5:27 Abhishek Dasgupta
From: Abhishek Dasgupta @ 2010-04-25  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi all,

I've been using notmuch for some time, and I noticed that some mails
show only the header when pressing [return] on notmuch-show-all. If I
press [return] on the highlighted From: header then the entire message
displays.

Is this behaviour expected? The default behaviour in most other MUAs is
to show the message in full.

What is interesting is that this only works for some messages, not
all. In particular messages from debian-devel-announce, and my college
mailing lists do not show until I press enter on From:, but messages
sent directly to me usually show up.

Abhishek
--
Please cc me, I am not subscribed to this list.

* Re: Some messages show only headers.
@ 2010-04-26 16:13 ` Dirk Hohndel
From: Dirk Hohndel @ 2010-04-26 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Dasgupta, notmuch

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:57:10 +0530, Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been using notmuch for some time, and I noticed that some mails
> show only the header when pressing [return] on notmuch-show-all. If I
> press [return] on the highlighted From: header then the entire message
> displays.

This may be the bug that David fixed this morning - under some
circumstances mails that matched the search were not displayed until you
either hid and un-hid them or hid the headers.

> Is this behaviour expected? The default behaviour in most other MUAs is
> to show the message in full.

notmuch should show all messages that match the search by default -
other messages in the thread are shown closed.

I think Carl already pushed the fix.

/D

--
Dirk Hohndel