On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 14:52:01 -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote: > On 02/03/2011 11:25 AM, micah anderson wrote: > > 1. I personally think notmuch-show-process-pgpmime should default to > > true > > note that with it set to false, you can still M-RET (instead of RET) on > an item in the summary window to have it set for that particular view. This is also useful if you set notmuch-show-process-pgpmime and ever come across a message that is causing crypto problems. M-RET will return you to the normal view. > > 3. i'm not sure expired/revoked keys are handled properly - tested on a > > message that was encrypted by a key that was revoked and got "End of > > file during parsing" > > when you say "encrypted by" do you mean "encrypted to"? do you have > access to the corresponding secret key? I also seem to be noticing issues with revoked keys. I'm looking in to the issue. If anyone else notices something similar, please do relay your experience. > > 4. messages that I sent encrypted to someone are not also encrypted to > > myself, which means that a thread which contains my replies isn't able > > to decrypt my messages in that thread and results in a purple > > 'decryption error'. Perhaps this is an emacs UI tweak that needs to be > > made to get messages also encrypted to my own key? > > this is an issue for the emacs message modes (or maybe for your gpg > configuration), not for notmuch. > > You either want to fix this in your emacs config by putting your > fingerprint into mml2015-signers and setting mml2015-encrypt-to-self > > Or you want to set gpg's default-recipient-self option (and > default-recipient option if you hold more than one secret key and want > to be sure it chooses the right one) Actually, I think the gpg option we're looking for here is "encrypt-to". "default-recipient-self" sets the recipient only if none other is specified. I just set "encrypt-to " in my gpg.conf and it seems to do as expected (all encrypted messages are also encrypted to myself). jamie.