On Sun, Apr 29 2012, Austin Clements wrote: > I haven't really looked at this series yet, but I do have a quick > high-level question. Why use separate customization variables for the > colors in search and show mode? Wouldn't it make more sense to set > the colors just once and use them in both modes? I thought about this myself as soon as I read the patch. I think I would always want the colors to match, so it would make sense to me to set them in one place. > BTW, I like how this clearly distinguishes tags and flags. I wonder > if we could transition to flags for some information that's current > shoe-horned into tags but actually represents immutable information > about a message (attachment, signed, and encrypted or so). Yes! As Austin probably remembers, we've discussed this before. I definitely agree that it makes sense to somehow distinguish "immutable" information that is a fundamental, unchanging/able property of the message, and it might be nice to look ahead to that here. jamie.