On Mon 2017-10-16 18:40:44 +0300, Jani Nikula wrote: > Commit 1fdc08d0ffab ("cli/crypto: treat failure to create a crypto > context as fatal.") started treating crypto context creation failures > "as fatal", returning NULL from _mime_node_create(). > > Unfortunately, we do not have NULL checks for _mime_node_create() > failures. The only caller, mime_node_child(), could check and return > NULL (as it's documented to do on errors) but none of the several call > sites have NULL checks either. And none of them really have a trivial > but feasible and graceful way of recovery. > > So while the right thing to do would be to handle NULL returns > properly all over the place, and we have other scenarios that do > return NULL from above mentioned functions, the crypto context > creation failure is something that does seem to show up regularly in > some scenarios, revert back to the functionality before commit > 1fdc08d0ffab as an interim fix. This suggestion seems reasonable to me. Transitioning to GMime 3.0 will also make this interim fix obsolete. --dkg