David Bremner writes: > David Bremner writes: > >> I plan a feature freeze for December 25, and a release (all going well) >> on or around January 1. > > I've tagged 0.26_rc0 (and uploaded to Debian experimental). I expect a > few more changes before final release, but I want to start to shake out > any build problems or API change issues. Per tradition, we need to start collecting NEWS. Here's a lightly edited output from git shortlog; some of these things may already have NEWS items, and some may not need them. Daniel Kahn Gillmor (68): lib: add notmuch_message_reindex add "notmuch reindex" subcommand database: add n_d_index_file (deprecates n_d_add_message) lib: index the content-type of the parts of encrypted messages crypto: move into libnotmuch_util properties: add notmuch_message_remove_all_properties_with_prefix() index: implement notmuch_indexopts_t with try_decrypt crypto: index encrypted parts when indexopts try_decrypt is set. config: test whether an item is stored in the database by name config: define new option index.try_decrypt cli/new: add --try-decrypt=(true|false) cli/insert: add --try-decrypt=(true|false) cli/reindex: add --try-decrypt=(true|false) crypto: use stashed session-key properties for decryption, if available crypto: new decryption policy "auto" cli/reply: use decryption policy "auto" by default. cli/show: use decryption policy "auto" by default. crypto: record whether an actual decryption attempt happened cli/new, insert, reindex: change index.decrypt to "auto" by default python: add decrypt_policy argument to Database.index_file() David Bremner (55): lib: index message files with duplicate message-ids lib: add notmuch_message_count_files lib: add notmuch_thread_get_total_files cli/search: print total number of files matched in summary output. cli/new: improve error reporting Merge branch 'release' CLI/new: support maildir synced tags in new.tags build: add target to run cppcheck lib: return "" rather than NULL from notmuch_thread_get_authors python: remove obsolete debian directory Florian Klink (2): python: open messages in binary mode Gaute Hope (1): python: deprecated add_message calls index_file correctly and returns result Jani Nikula (65): lib: index the content type of signature parts emacs: sanitize subject in replies cli: allow empty strings for notmuch insert --folder argument cli: add support for --no- prefixed boolean and keyword flag arguments cli: use the negating boolean support for new and insert --no-hooks cli: add support for only printing the addresses in notmuch address cli/new: support // in new.ignore Tomi Ollila (3): make release archive: common (or no) timestamps Vladimir Panteleev (13): emacs: Refactor subprocess stderr propagation emacs: Use make-process when available emacs: Refuse requests to refresh tree views while a refresh is running Yuri Volchkov (6): database: move striping of trailing '/' into helper function insert: strip trailing / in folder path test: show id:<> works even if the first duplicate is deleted show: workaround for the missing file problem l-m-h@web.de (7): python: add bindings to access config python: add default arg to get_config_list python: turn get_config_list into a generator python: Rename get_config_list to get_configs