David Bremner writes: > Dan Čermák writes: > >> Hi David, >> >> David Bremner writes: >> >> I have started seeing consistent test failures with rc2 on ppc64 and >> ppc64le: >> - on both platforms "get total messages with closed database" from >> T568-lib-thread fails > > I don't see this failure on ppc64el on Debian [0]. Perhaps there is some > toolchain difference? This specific issue has now disappeared on both ppc64 and ppc64el, so I guess it was just some toolchain breakage that got fixed in the meantime. > >> - on ppc64 "comparing existing to exported symbols" from >> T360-symbol-hiding fails as well > > This is more-or-less known [1]. The problem is that ppc64 reports > defined functions as 'D' in nm output. At least on ELF architectures, > readelf -Ws is more reliable. How many people would using readelf break > things for? Currently the test does not run on macOS, afaik. So it is ok if I just skip this test on ppc64? Or can anything be done about this (I must admit that I have relatively little insight into this)? Cheers, Dan