Hi, navse@mailbox.org writes: > I have been using Notmuch with Emacs for a couple of days and it has > been working great, except for when I open mails from a certain sender > with S/MIME signed messages, Emacs will freeze up for about 4 minutes. > Opening the expandable signature inside of the Email repeats the lag. Just to point you into the right direction, I'm pretty sure that this is gpgsm reaching out to a network server, maybe to fetch certificate revocation lists or something. I'm not too familiar with gpgsm. Depending on your needs, there are several things to do. If you don't need S/MIME at all, uninstall or chmod 0 gpgsm. That is what I do :D If you need S/MIME, consult man gpgsm, there are switches that turn off certain things involving network services (e.g. disable-crl-checks), or all network services (disable-dirmngr). Beware, this may change semantics or weaken the S/MIME support. Hope that helps, Justus