Hi David, David Bremner writes: > Xiyue Deng writes: > >> Let me start by saying that I have been enjoying notmuch recently and >> wish I had tried notmuch much earlier. >> >> I do encounter a small issue on managing multiple email accounts: I set >> `message-default-mail-headers' with the SMTP settings and email address >> so that smtpmail can send the mail through my specified email address, >> and would like to change this setting based on which address I'm sending >> from. However I'm having trouble finding the best place to set this in >> notmuch when sending/replying. AIUI notmuch does not really have the >> concept of mail account, so this may require some manual handling. I >> tried to `re-search-forward' in notmuch-message-mode-hook for the `From: > > > You could try out message-templ (elpa-message-templ in Debian). I'm > using that to set the X-Message-SMTP-Method header, which sounds > related. > > There is also message-server-alist, which does not need a header. Thanks for the tip! I think that should work, though I'd like a more notmuch-ish solution if possible. And in fact I had some success on advising `notmuch-mua-mail' and reacting on 'From from `other-headers'. I wonder whether notmuch may consider adding an abnormal hook that pass in `headers' as an argument so that we don't need to use an advice? -- Xiyue Deng