On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:25:59 +0100, Marten Veldthuis wrote: > This is indeed the correct behaviour of notmuch. There has been some > discussion on it in the past, I believe with proposals to track both > messages and show only one; but I don't think I've seen proponents of > showing both duplicate messages. > > Personally I'd find it rather annoying if I'd see messages twice. But I > do see the value in being sure that your mail gets delivered through the > list. I believe the solution I've seen discussed was for notmuch to > somehow determine which of the duplicates holds the most information > (which would be the one through the list, not the one directly to you). Hey, Marten. Thanks for the reply. The problem I have with only returning one of the redundant messages is that I don't think anyone could ever really convince me that notmuch has the ability to decide which of the redundant messages is the *right* one to return. I think notmuch is currently just returning the first one it indexes, but why is that better than returning the one most recently indexed? A policy of only returning one is going to be problematic for folks who want or expect to see the other. And in fact think I want to see both. I have both, and I've asked notmuch to index both, so why shouldn't it return both in a search? jamie.