* patch queue
@ 2010-02-20 21:05 Jameson Rollins
From: Jameson Rollins @ 2010-02-20 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carl Worth; +Cc: Notmuch Mail

Hey, Carl.  I've noticed that you've been applying some patches that
were recently sent to the list, out of order from the chronological
queue of patches that were sent to the list.  I'm a fan of the recently
applied patches, but I'm curious about what your plans are for the older
patches in the quene.  Are you still planning on processing them?
Should the older patches be rebased against the current master and
resent?

I'm not at all trying to be pushy; there's just some older stuff in the
queue that I would really like to see applied, such as folder-based
tagging, json output, and some of the emacs UI improvements.

Thanks so much for the info.

jamie.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: patch queue
@ 2010-02-22  9:13 ` Michal Sojka
From: Michal Sojka @ 2010-02-22  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jameson Rollins, Carl Worth; +Cc: Notmuch Mail

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 16:05:35 -0500, Jameson Rollins <jrollins@finestructure.net> wrote:
> I'm not at all trying to be pushy; there's just some older stuff in the
> queue that I would really like to see applied, such as folder-based
> tagging

Hi,

as for the folder-based tagging patch sent by myself, it needs some
improvement. I'm waiting for merge of testing ifrastructure in order to
write tests for the patch. The testing infrastructure is GPLv2 and we
would like to use it under GPLv3 and changing this takes some time. I
guess, Carl waits for this as well.

Michal

* Re: patch queue
@ 2010-02-22 14:32 ` Sebastian Spaeth
From: Sebastian Spaeth @ 2010-02-22 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Notmuch Mail

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 16:05:35 -0500, Jameson Rollins <jrollins@finestructure.net> wrote:
> Hey, Carl.  I've noticed that you've been applying some patches that
> were recently sent to the list, out of order from the chronological
> queue of patches that were sent to the list.  I'm a fan of the recently
> applied patches, but I'm curious about what your plans are for the older
> patches in the quene.  Are you still planning on processing them?
> Should the older patches be rebased against the current master and
> resent?

Just my snippet of info from IRC:
<cworth> bremner: OK. So my plan: 1) Commit stash stuff. 2) Make emacs directory. 3) Find and apply all obvious notmuch.el patches
<cworth> And bremner can help me stay focused.
<cworth> After that: 1) Modularize test suite 2) Add testing of emacs stuff
<cworth> Then: 1) Add folder: search 2) Don't index data redundantly
<cworth> And: 1) Add --format (JSON) 2) Add --output
<cworth> There. Now I've published a plan at least.
<bremner> luckily there are no public logs .

hehe, wrong ;-)

Sebastian

* Re: patch queue
@ 2010-02-22 18:29 ` Carl Worth